Enrollment Overview for the 2013-2014 School Year
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at Lutz Preparatory School for the 2013-14 School Year. Lutz Preparatory is a free, K – 6 charter school and is open to the public. The mission of Lutz Preparatory School is to provide our scholars with the academic and character skills necessary to succeed in high school, college, and the world beyond; our guiding pillars are individualized education and parental involvement.
You are encouraged to review the Lutz Prep website and learn more about our programs. Archived editions of our newsletter, the NEWSFLASH, will provide information about daily school life.
As required by Florida State Statute 1002.33 pertaining to charter school enrollment, we conduct a free and open lottery for student enrollment. Last year, we received nearly 1000 applications for fewer than 260 seats at Lutz Prep. This year we also expect hundreds of applications for very few spaces.
Lutz Prep’s admissions follow Florida State Statute 1002.33, allowing us to provide enrollment preferences to the following student populations:
- Students who are siblings of a student enrolled in the charter school.
- Students who are the children of a member of the governing board of the charter school.
- Students who are the children of an employee of the charter school.
- Students who have successfully completed a voluntary prekindergarten education program under ss.1002.51-1002.79 provided by the charter school or the charter school’s governing board during the previous year.
- Students who are the children of an active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces.
The General Public Application is available online here and must be submitted online by 2pm EST on February 4, 2013.
A chart with the estimated available openings per grade will be available in this overview on February 11, 2013.
Please note that student applicants (not currently enrolled at Lutz Prep) must reapply each year through the lottery.
For admissions for the 2013-2014 school year, the Lutz Preparatory School lottery will be held on February 21, 2013, at 7 PM EST in the Lutz Preparatory School Library.
Information Sessions will be held in the school gymnasium:
- Saturday, January 12th at 10 AM EST
- Thursday, January 31st at 7 PM EST
Information sessions are not mandatory but are encouraged.
Please note these important dates:
- Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2 PM EST – Submission deadline for applications to be considered eligible for the lottery.
- Monday, February 11, 2013, 2PM EST – The estimated number of openings at each grade level will be posted on the Enrollment page of our website.
- Thursday, February 21, 2013, 7 PM EST – Lottery. You do not need to be present; it will not impact the outcome of the lottery. Only lottery numbers will be announced; class or wait list placement will not occur at the lottery.
- Wednesday February 27 – Monday March 4, 2013 – NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE OR WAITING LIST STATUS will be done via e-mail as soon as the results are available.
- Your written acceptance of a space at Lutz Prep – must be received within 5 working days of the notification that your child has been accepted. If you do not do so, you forfeit your child’s seat and a student on the waiting list shall be contacted.
Please continue to watch the Lutz Prep website (www.lutzprep.org) for additional information.