Families living outside of Hillsborough county must request an out-of-county transfer from their county of residence into Hillsborough county if they want their children to attend Lutz Prep. Instructions for the form can be found at Hillsborough County’s website here, or you can follow the steps below:
- Obtain an official release form from your home county’s school district. Keep in mind that some counties only sign off on approvals at their monthly Board meetings, so this step can be time consuming.
- Download and complete Hillsborough County’s charter application form for out-of-county residents. The form can be downloaded here. Please note that families must fill one of these forms out for each child that is transferring.
- Mail both your home county’s release form and the Hillsborough County charter form to Lutz Prep.
- Lutz Prep’s principal will sign and submit the forms to Hillsborough County School District.
Some important notes about this process:
- It is highly recommended that you make copies of all paperwork before mailing anything.
- Once you’ve submitted your forms to Lutz Prep, you will only hear from us if there is a problem processing the forms.
- Lutz Prep families living outside of Hillsborough County must repeat this process every school year, even if they are a returning family.