Lutz Prep has a uniform policy, the details of which can be found below, or in the revised policy document which can be downloaded here.
Lutz Prep has two preferred uniform vendors, one local and one national. Our national preferred vendor is Lands’ End. You can browse for Lutz Prep uniforms at Lands’ End by visiting here: Lands’ End School Uniforms (or clicking the image to the left). Lutz Prep’s preferred school number is 900146200. Lands’ End now offers embroidering of “Lutz Prep” (or “Lutz Pre-Prep”) logos on their polo shirts.
Our local preferred vendor is Image Depot. They offer embroidering of logos on pre-purchased polo shirts and jumpers at the following rates:
- 1-5 items $7.50 each
- 6 or more items $6.00 each
Image Depot will also supply polos with logos for $13.50, and they will supply a sweatshirt with logo for $16. Families must specify which logo (“Lutz Prep” or “Lutz Pre-Prep”) they prefer when ordering. Image Depot’s contact information is below.
11771 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
Tampa, FL 33618
Please note that Lutz Prep uniforms may also be purchased from stores such as Walmart, Target, The Gap or The Children’s Place.
A snapshot of our logos is below. Families are reminded that logos are optional, not mandatory.
Lutz Preparatory School Uniform Policy (Revised 8/6/12)
To promote a positive learning environment and foster a sense of community, belonging, and safety, Lutz Prep has adopted the following school uniform policy:
Each student must wear a uniform to school every day. There are no exceptions.
School colors are navy blue, light blue, and white. No logos, pictures, insignias, or writing are allowed on clothing, with the exception of the Lutz Prep logo. Clothing may not be ripped or stained and should be in generally good condition.
- Each student must wear a solid navy blue, light blue, or white polo-style or button-down collared shirt or blouse.
- Each student may wear a solid navy blue, light blue, or white short or long-sleeved t-shirt or turtleneck underneath a collared uniform shirt. An undershirt, if worn, may not hang below the uniform shirt.
- Shirts may have long or short sleeves.
- Shirts should be appropriately sized for neat appearance.
- A student may tuck his/her shirt in, but this is not required. Untucked shirts should not exceed hip length. It is recommended that button down shirts with tails are tucked in.
- Vests, tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, exposed undergarments, and beachwear are not permitted.
- Boys must wear solid khaki or dark navy pants or shorts.
- Girls must wear solid khaki or dark navy blue long pants, shorts, capris, skirts, or skorts.
- Girls have the option of wearing a skirt from Lands’ End in the Clear Blue/White plaid.
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Pants must fit around the waist; oversized and/or sagging pants are not permitted. A student may wear a brown or black belt if need be.
- Girls must wear solid colored tights, bike shorts, bloomers, or leggings underneath skirts. The shorts or bloomers may not fall below the hemline of the outer garment or show in any way.
- Track pants and sweatpants are not permitted.
Jumpers and Dresses:
- Girls may wear a solid khaki, solid navy jumper over a solid colored uniform polo or blouse.
- Girls have the option of wearing a jumper from Lands’ End in the Clear Blue/White plaid.
- Girls may also wear uniform style solid colored polo dresses in navy.
- Girls must wear bloomers or shorts underneath jumpers, dresses, and skirts. The shorts or bloomers may not fall below the hemline of the outer garment or show in any way.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, or lightweight jackets worn inside the school building must be in a solid uniform color (white, light blue, or dark navy blue).
- Sweaters or jackets that are not solid uniform color and/or those that have logos, pictures, or writing on them may not be worn inside the building.
- Please remember that all students will participate in PE and/or some sort of physical activity every day, and should be shoed appropriately.
- Shoes must be ankle height, rubber-soled, closed-toe, and closed-heel such as sneakers or Mary Janes.
- Shoes with laces must be tied.
- Shoes with flashing lights are not permitted.
- Shoes may not feature any kind of cartoon character.
- Sandals, flip-flops, Crocs, Heelys, cleats, platform, wedge, espadrille, high-heeled, open-toed, and open-backed shoes are not permitted due to safety concerns.
- Socks must be worn daily and should coordinate with the uniform. Acceptable colors are white, navy, light blue, beige, or black.
- Students may not wear hats or caps inside the school building.
- Students are not required to purchase their uniforms from any particular store or wear a particular brand.
- Parents may buy as few, or as many, uniform pieces as they feel appropriate.
- Families that need assistance acquiring appropriate uniform items are encouraged to contact the school office for support.
- Each student’s appearance should be generally neat and not distract from the positive learning environment at Lutz Prep.
- If there are any questions or concerns about a student’s appearance and/or a particular item, the principal will make the final determination as to its appropriateness to the Lutz Prep environment.
- Per principal’s discretion, on individual school picture day, each student may have a free day or s/he may opt to wear a uniform.
- On group picture day, every student must be in uniform attire.
- Each Friday has been designated “Spirit Day.” Students may wear the official Lutz Prep school spirit shirts and uniform bottoms.