Lutz Preparatory School K-8 is a Hillsborough County Public Charter School of Choice. Families living outside of Hillsborough County must request an out-of-county transfer from their current county of residence in order to attend Lutz Preparatory each year of attendance in Hillsborough County. Lutz Pre-Prep is a private pre-school; Pre-Prep students (early childhood 3 year old and VPK) do not need to apply for out-of county release. Information regarding Hillsborough County guidelines for out of county assignment to charter schools can be found on the district website.
Please note applications for the upcoming school year are normally released by all counties in December or January prior to the start of each school year. Please double check to ensure you are completing paperwork related to the school year you are applying for. Check with each individual county for specific details.
For those families who reside outside of Hillsborough County the process to be RELEASED from your home county can take up to 30 days. Please complete the following steps:
- Complete the RELEASE form from your home county. Lutz Prep will only accept the FINAL approval email; please hold all paperwork until your receive your official release approval email.
• Pasco County residents click here for a direct link to the online application or call (813) 794-2686.
• Hernando County residents click here or call (352) 797-7008.
• Pinellas County residents click here or call (813) 794-2686.
• Manatee County residents click here or call (813) 794-2686.
• Polk County residents click here or call (813) 794-2686.
- Once you receive the official release form, please complete the ENTERING Hillsborough County Form.
We suggest you always keep a copy of submitted documents for your personal records for the entire school year. These applications must be completed and submitted to Lutz Preparatory each year you are enrolled at the school.